Numerous grand front porches dot the landscape of Bay City, Michigan, as part of the majestic Victorian architecture for which the city is known. Sadly, those front porches now stand mostly empty as social interaction has moved from front porches to backyards to, most recently, electronic devices. The social glue that held our neighborhoods together has disintegrated.
The Front Porch Renaissance Group is taking steps to change that. We believe in Community Through Restoration. We have committed to bringing new life and energy to our community via traditional social networking. We provide leadership in community enhancement projects, and are taking action to enhance the quality of life for Bay City by:
- Embracing the rich historic architecture
- Combining new uses for existing structures with green development initiatives
- Creating attractive, dynamic neighborhoods
- Helping residents embrace the arts, live healthy lifestyles and find meaningful local employment
- Providing educational opportunities
Improving Bay City requires three key areas. We must learn to appreciate our unique attributes, believe in ourselves and build community esprit de corps; we must educate our children and adult citizenry far more effectively; and we must improve our local economy.